PUNJAB IRRIGATION SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (PISIP)
|Duration||September, 2009 – June, 2015|
|Client||PMO-PISIP, Punjab Irrigation Department|
|Funding||Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)|
|Consultancy Fee:||USD 7.26 Million (Rs. 761.518 Million)|
- Detailed Design and Engineer’s Estimate and ResidentConstruction Supervision of lining of 234 channels,rehabilitation/up-gradation of higher capacity channel reaches, repair and construction/ replacement of hydraulic structures etc. under 23 Civil Work Packages in Faisalabad Irrigation Zone, D.G. Khan Irrigation Zone,Bahawalpur Irrigation Zone.
- Detailed Design and Engineer’s Estimate and Resident Construction Supervision of 5 additional packages of Jhang Branch Canal.
- NESPAK in Joint Venture with HALCROW Pakistan and ICS (Pvt.) Limited has provided consultancy services for Punjab Irrigation System Improvement Project funded by JICA, costing USD 109.70 Million (Rs. 11.53 billion)to Punjab Irrigation Department.
- The Consultants scope of work consists of designing for lining/ rehabilitation and up-gradation of distributaries and minors including all type of structures and construction of new buildings.
- The project was divided in to 23 contract packages located in three Irrigation Zones, viz. a. viz.: Bahawalpur Irrigation Zone covering Bahawalnagar and Bahawalpur districts, DG Khan Irrigation Zone covering Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur districts and Faisalabad Zone covering Hafizabad, Faisalabad, Jhang and Toba Tek Singh districts. These 23 civil works contract packages were awarded during the period from September 2010 to September 2011. Construction activities for all these packages were completed on October 31, 2014.
- In addition to the above, 5 additional packages for rehabilitation and up-gradation of Jhang Branch Canal Upper and lower were also included in the scope of services on June 28, 2012. Construction activities for all these packages were also completed on June 30, 2015.