- George Washington University, Washington DC USA
1987 M.Sc. Water Resources Engineering
- University of Engineering and Technology Lahore – Pakistan
1981 B.Sc. Civil Engineering
Membership of Professional Societies
- Member Pakistan Engineering Council
- Member Institution of Engineers Pakistan
- Member Pakistan Engineering Congress
Member of Academic Committees/ External Examiner
- External Examiner of M.Sc. students of UNESCO-IHE (Institute of Water Education) Delft, Netherlands (April 2018)
- Member Post Graduate Research Committee (PGRC) of Civil Engineering Department, University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore – Pakistan
- Member Academic Committee & External Examiner of M.Sc. Students of the Center of Excellence in Water Resource Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore – Pakistan
Member Inspection Teams
- First Periodic Inspection of Ghazi Barotha Hydropower Project, Pakistan (June 2018)
- Damages Caused to Steel Liner and Concrete in Draft Tube Tarbela Unit # 11, Tarbela Dam – Pakistan (February 2015)
- Chashma Barrage,Pakistan – 5th Periodic Inspection (January 2011)
- Baseline survey of Ghazi Barotha Hydropower Project, Pakistan (June 2010)
- Inspection of Warsak Dam, Pakistan (June 2004)
Member Technical Committees
- Member of a high-level Technical Committee approved by the Prime Minister of Pakistan for “River Sutlej Lake and Park Project” (October 2014)
- Member of a Committee formed by Planning & Development Department Punjab for undertaking 3rd Party Performance Evaluation for Extension of Program Monitoring & Implementation Unit (PMIU) in Irrigation Department (May 2016).
Member Administrative Committees
- Member Board of Management (BOM) of NESPAK from June 2015 onwards
- Chairman Board of Management of all Joint Venture Projects managed by Water Resource Division from June 2015 to May 2018
- Convenor Administrative Committee of NESPAK from June 2013 to June 2015
- “Training on Development & Leadership: The gender dimension”, by Assessment & Strengthening Program of Lahore University of Management Sciences (ASP-LUMS)
- Course on “How to Conduct Successful Selection Interviews” Organized by NESPAK Professional Development Centre.
- Courses on “Water Resources Planning”, “Hydraulic Modelling”, “Hydraulic Engineering”, “Mechanics of Alluvial Channels”, “Sedimentation – Engineering”, Master’s program, George Washington University, Washington D.C. U.S.A.
- Course on “Hydropower Development” organized by the Pakistan-German Hydropower Development Programme in cooperation with Center of Excellence in Water Resources Engineering University of Engineering & Technology Lahore, Pakistan.
- Course on “Water Resources System Analysis” organized by Center of Excellence in Water Resources Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Course on “FORTRAN Programming and Computer Applications” organized by University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan.
Workshops/ Symposiums/ Seminars
Some of the important Workshops, Seminars and Symposiums attended are:
- International Conference on “New Challenges in Geotechnical Engineering”, at Lahore – Pakistan (January 2017).
- Consultative Seminar on “Finalization of Draft National Water Policy” at Islamabad – Pakistan (November 2016).
- Symposium on “The Vulnerability of Pakistan’s Water Sector to the Impacts of Climate Change” organized by Center for Climate Research and Development (CCRD) COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) at Islamabad (May 2016).
- Symposium on “Pakistan-India Trans boundary Water Disputes” at Lahore – Pakistan (April 2016).
- National Experts Conference on “Floods Prevention & Control in Pakistan” at Lahore – Pakistan (January 2015).
- Seminar on “Flood 2014, Events, Issues & Management” Organized by Punjab Irrigation Department in collaboration with International Water Management Institute (IWMI) at Lahore – Pakistan (October 2014).
- National Workshop on “Groundwater Management in the Indus Basin” at Islamabad – Pakistan (August 2014).
- Symposium on “Emerging Phenomenon of Untimely Rains / Floods 2011 in Pakistan” at Lahore – Pakistan (December 2012).
- Centenary Celebration (1912-2012) of Pakistan Engineering Congress at Lahore – Pakistan (December 2012).
- Congress of “ICID (International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage)” at Lahore – Pakistan (October 2008).
- 2nd South Asia Water Forum at Islamabad – Pakistan (December 2002).
- Workshop on “Experience with HEC-2 for Computing Backwater Curves” and “Design Technology Applied to Water Engineering for Irrigation”, organized by Canadian Society for Civil Engineering and Institute of Engineers Pakistan.
- Third US-Pakistan Binational Symposium on “Mechanics of Alluvial Channels”, organized by National Science Foundation (USA) and Water & Power Development Authority Pakistan, 1985.
- Academy for International Development (A.I.D) Mid Winter Community Seminar on “Water Resources Management”, at Los Angeles, USA. December 1985.
- Seminar in ” Management Communication for Development “, conducted by Management Training and Development Institute, Washington D.C at Orlando, Florida USA December 1986.
- Workshop on “Sediment Measurement and Control and the Design of Irrigation Canals”, organized by Hydraulic Research Wallingford U.K and the Irrigation & Power Department Government of the Punjab, Pakistan.